I love my FrSky QX7S and 9XD but I have to say that so far, this Jumper TX16 poses some serious competition for my affections. In this video I take a look at the outside of the TX16 and in the next video we will dig deep inside and see how it works in the field with drones, minquads and RC planes.
Unlike the previous Jumper radios, this is a full-sized transmitter for big-boys and their serious toys — but it will still bind with most of the toy-grade stuff I’ve tried so far. Sweet!
First impressions however, are very favorable!
– multi-protocol (FrSky, FlySky, Spektrum, etc, etc)
– a *really* good color LCD
– well balanced
– less than optimal antenna placement
– weak/no detents on sliders
– dim lights on 6-way mode switch buttons
– 2.4GHz isn’t built-in so module bay is already used
Disclosure: this radio was provided to me free of charge for review purposes — but look, no affiliate links, I’m not shilling, this is an honest review.